Sunday, March 8, 2009

Return of the Waters

It's tedious and confining to experience rainy day after rainy day. There have been some breaks, but we've had about 6" of rain in the last two weeks or so.

The reward?
Running water has returned to Rancho San Antonio. It was fresh and moist and cool and lovely for our Sunday morning hike!





I think at last the creative block has passed. I finally got a collage done that has been rolling around in my head and on my desk for several days. This starts a series I am doing on, The Songs That Are Stuck in Your Head.
Have an idea for one? Let me know...it would be a fun challenge to depict others' songs..

I started with a classic from the Beatles:
Lister (doo wha doo)
Do you want to know a secret? (doo wha doo)
Do you promise not to tell ?
Oh wha oh oh, closer (doo wha doo)...
Let me whisper in your ear (doo wha doo)...
Say the words you long to hear...


Secrets, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Next on deck, Abba! (Hint, what song did Andy sing to Angela on The Office?)

1 comment:

  1. Those are some beautiful photos Diane...Someone should paint them, or use them in a collage!! The Secrets collage is pretty too...The song on my Pandora Radio station right now is Styx, Fooling Yourself. Does that offer any inspiration? Next up is Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles.

    ReplyDelete