Saturday, March 7, 2009

Looking Forward to St. Patty's Day

I intend to spend St. Patrick's Day at The Green Linnet in Paris!

That has almost nothing to do with how I spent some time on Saturday, except that I made a St. Patrick's Day card.
A couple of weeks ago I discovered the local scrapbooking store, Memories Live On. I am not really a scrapbooker, nor a card maker, but I do love paper, and can be interested in just about anything that involves beautiful paper. And they have some of the most beautiful paper I have seen, along with fun stickers and ephemera. They are also very friendly and helpful.

So on Saturday they had a free Make-It-And-Take-It class, making a simple St. Patrick's Day card. But in doing so, I learned to fold a pocketed card, learned about some tools, and ended up with a neat card (oh and yes, like everyone else who came to the free class, I bought a few things).

Here's my card, outside and in (the rhinestones are orange and look much better in person):




The inside pocket is a nice size for holding an Artist Trading Card, so I've made several more to try to master the rather tricky mitered fold. It's neat to do it with striped paper so you get a chevron miter effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment