Sunday, March 29, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I actually mean this literally.

We spent part of the day riding a steam train in Sunol and Niles Canyon. I don't know anything about trains, and thought I cared even less (although I have no objection to spending time outdoors on a nice day with my favorite husband).

But after the ride was over, I stared at the monstrous thing for a while, and could not help but admire the beauty and engineering marvel, and yes, the artistry of it!

For no engineering reason is there such beautiful typography:



And the wheels would turn without the little stars in the center:



And oh how brightly would shine this light at the end of the tunnel!



1 comment:

  1. Great photos Diane! Thanks for telling me about them. I think your right, my son would love them!

    ReplyDelete