Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April in Paris...Happy Birthday Tour Eiffel

You might think I am a day early, but according to my Paris clock (I have several clocks set to Paris time throughout the house, on the computer, and at work, so I know what time it is for Megan), it is now April in Paris!

I've been in Paris twice in April, and both times it was very cold, rainy, and last year we even got caught in a ferocious hail storm at the end of April!

But I am wishing for a beautiful April in Paris this year, so Megan can experience the stuff of legends!

I just read on my new blog friend Andi's twitter page that today (yesterday?) is the 120th birthday of the Eiffel Tower. So I thought I would share a couple of recent pictures of her majesty. I literally have hundreds of pictures to choose from, some even available only in print form from my first trip to Paris in 1984 or so.

This first one was actually taken by Lynda and Merle on their recent same-time-as-me trip to visit the girls for spring break.


This next masterpiece was taken by yours truly just a little over a week ago, and is currently my home computer desktop background. A couple of warm days really brought out the flowering trees!
We were walking from the American Library back to the metro, and Megan promised we could walk through Champ de Mars if I was good. When I saw this tree in bloom, I took off at a hard run to snap a few pictures...that falls within being good, doesn't it??



And although this may not be the best picture, it means so much to me...I will never regret going out late on my last night in Paris, in the rain and wind, to see the twinkling lights one last time.



And so, my tribute to April in Paris...the picture is actually from a postcard I bought in Montemarte, the rest just pieces from a growing ephemera collection.


ACEO "April in Paris", Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"



2 comments:

  1. Lovely collages, and the photos are pretty enough to paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique! J'adore La Tour !

    ReplyDelete