Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's on the Bookshelf?

In my Facebook Note on 25 Random Things About Myself, I mentioned my love of books, how I like to not only read books, but to hold books, touch books, smell books (yes, now I know the smell is just ink, but I like it). I don't get a lot of time with my books, but I read every day. In fact I cannot get to sleep without reading. Unfortunately, this has trained me to fall asleep within 15 minutes after starting to read...oh well, life has it';s challenges.

So, what's on my bookshelf right now?

Just finished "Entre Nous", a Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl. This wonderful book was given to me as a Christmas present by my Bubbie, who knows the francophile that I am. Well, I loved this book! It is not as fru-fru as it might sound, but just a wonderful exposition on the differences in cultures between French and Americans which make us us and them them.

Me and my list-making multi-tasking (there is no such word in french) get-it-all-done self may never be a french girl, but I did enjoy reading and dreaming...



Continuing in the francophile tradition, this next book which I am currently trying to read was another present, this one from Lynda Bohmbach. Since our girls are living in the 6th arrondisement of Paris right now, how amazing that she found this book!


I say "trying to read It" because it is very strangely written, and I am not exactly sure what is going on, but it is something about existentialism, and the pictures of 1940s and 50s Paris beboppers are just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment