Monday, February 16, 2009

Speaking of Sewing Themes...Vintage Sewing Bargello

This poor quilt is feeling rejected, and needs to be adopted and find a good home. It was purchased, but unfortunately the sale fell through. So it is back, waiting for someone to love it. I love it of course, but I can't love, as in use, all my quilts.



The fabric in theis simple bargello is all Lakehouse, from the vintage sewing collection. I remember Holly drove down to Atlantic City to show me this collection, and I was so excited to design a bargello with it. It looked so wonderful at Quilt Market that year...a shining star in the booth. Poor thing has gone from celebrity status to reject :-(



Don't worry, lovely quilt, someone will come along again to love you!

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I hope you find a home for your orphan! I love how you talk of your quilts like they are children!

    ReplyDelete