Friday, February 6, 2009

Shadows...a Paris ACEO

Out of the batch of pictures that were sent from Paris this week, for some reason this one, with hardly any color in it, struck a chord with me. Maybe it is wishful thinking...I wish I looked like that, and had a dress like that, and a hat like that, and SHOES like that, and was in Paris...

Then serendipy took over. In an instant I had the perfect papers...one from my Paris-bought Le Petit Bloc, and one from my JoAnne's bought Luxury Stack (hey, I am no paper snob). The progress of color, line, pattern, form is ... well, like I said serendipity.

My newly arrived Tim Holtz (who is he anyway?) distress ink in the color "vintage photo" was perfect for stamping on the scrip "Paris" and the address block (I must find rue Marie Stuart next time I am in Paris).

And what do we have on top? Why an Eiffel Tower of course. I call this "Paris Shadows".


Paris Shadows, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

On the back is a photo I took of the Eiffel Tower from l'Arc de Triomphe, stamped with a french stamp and embellished with a copper fleur-de-lis brad (I am loving brads these days...can I be a closet scrapbooker st heart?).



4 comments:

  1. You always make it look so easy to compile these collages. It's not easy! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're both so pretty mommy. clap clap clap

    ReplyDelete