Friday, February 13, 2009

Once Upon a Time

...there was a lovely young lady, a castle or two, and the city of Paris. Never heard of that fairy tale? Well, I made it up, and it goes something like this:


Once Upon a Time in Paris, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

In the background I used some Paris map fabric, a strip of fleur-de-lis fabric mounted on blue paper, two blue postage stamps featuring what could be castles, a scrabble-tile image of a young lady mounted on brown luxury stack paper, and a couple of charms. I will have to buy more Eiffel Tower brads...it was hard to use it!

On the back I used a phrase from my Paris card-making kit, stamped some fleur-de-lis and a cancellation mark.


3 comments:

  1. I think you must be wearing a beret and eating pastries, and singing French tunes...You are still in the Paris frame of mind and creating lovely pieces straight from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria & Deb! Yes, they are from the heart!

    I HAVE been listening to French music, a very nice CD from Starbucks called Paris Magnifique. I tried hard to buy a beret in Paris but when I tried them on, it looked like I had a plate on my head :-)

    ReplyDelete