Monday, February 2, 2009

Leftovers

As a matter of fact that is what we had for dinner, but that's not what this is about :-)

When I cut the background diamonds for my Mardi Gras card, I wound up with an extra set. I couldn't let those go to waste, so I made another background.

I have bunches of fleur-de-lis brads and charms, which I knew I wanted to use, so I started playing with the idea of "fleur-ishes".

I "fleurished" the front with free-motion stitching with metallic thread, then embellished the "fleurishes" with crystals. I couldn't resist putting a bit of paper in the corner since the diamond pattern and colors were the same.


ACEO "Fleur-ish", Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

On the back I continued to "fleurish" with inking, stamping, paper and a lovely postage stamp (yup, you know it, from Boulevard Grenelle).





2 comments:

  1. Diane this turned out so pretty! I like your new blog design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should just make leftovers first ;-)

    ReplyDelete