Saturday, February 21, 2009

How Do I Love Thee...

A couple of weeks ago I happened across this twill ribbon on eBay, with Eiffel Towers and the numbers,,,une, deux, trois, quatre. Yes, I will take 20 yards please. OK, not quite 20, but a few more than 1 :-)
Since then I have been planning this ACEO, but it took me a while to figure it all out.



I've started cutting up an old romance novel to get my words. It's funny, don't ask me where my hairbrush is, because I don't know, but I had no trouble remembering that there was a romance novel in the drawer of the nightstand in the spare room.

I think next I am going to look for a large print version - it's hard to cut and mount such tiny words!

So, here we have a metallic paper background, a stamped heart image on metallic paper, French ribbon from Loisirs & Creation and Montemarte - all these sewn in place with gold metallic thread. Then I added the lovers image, a gold heart brad, and the words mounted on a paint chip (Home Depot is the best source for FREE colorful paper).

The attached tag is not an emery board, although it does look like one. It's gray metallic paper, with the words mounted on a black paint chip, then a piece of the Eiffel Tower twill tape, connected with silver grommets and a sterling silver S-hook.


ACEO "Count the ways", Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment