Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Busy ACEO Saturday

Time to wrap up Valentine's Day ACEOs, with only a week to go. Lying in bed this morning I remembered this really cute fabric I have with French poodles holding Valentines. I was going to use those on the front, then I decided to make crazy quilts instead.




And now back to my Parisian collages, this one started with a picture of a beautiful and inviting set of doors somewhere in Paris (Photo taken by Megan Miller) mounted on a series of papers - white, pink, brown and blue. I used brads on the doorknobs. A double paper heart holds a key sticker, conveying the message "Love is the key to opening many doors".

A coppery fleur-de-lis charm stamps it as French.



On the back, a vintage postcard reproduction, a US heart stamp, and a stamped Paris postmark.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely Diane! I especially like the French door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the door is wonderful. Nice work on the hearts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you both like the door best...it is also my favorite! I know I can do quilt art, but it is the collages that are the challenge for me, and to have that challenge be successful and be recognized, is quite an honor and thrill! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete