Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Valentine ACEO

Probably the last of the Valentine ACEOs, and in fact this is going to be just a 3-day auction on eBay so it can be shipped off to arrive before Valentine's Day.

With this piece (and the next) I am taking my collages to a new level, combining original photos with collage elements.

I took the photo of the lovely bunches of rosesat an early morning market on Boulevard Grenelle in the 15th arrondisement. I printed it on heavy card stock and fashioned it into a Valentine with paper from the Bercy Village Loisirs & Creation magasin, French ribbon purchased in Montemarte and gathered ephemera - my new fleur-de-lis metal charms, heart-shaped brads, a metal book plate, crystals and the paper ticket from the wonderful weekly market at the Ferry Building in San Francisco (yes, Megan, I pulled this from your trash...one woman's trash is another's treasure :-) .


ACEO Flowers for my Love, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

And since I need all the collage practice I can get, I did another mini collage on the back, with one fake and one real postage stamp, mounted on french paper then on beautiful vellum (yes, Bubbie, I am using the paper you gave me for Christmas :-)).


ACEO Flowers for my Love, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"


No comments:

Post a Comment