Sunday, February 15, 2009

And Sew They Lived...a Cartoon ACEO

This is probably the most fun I have had making an ACEO, and I smile, chuckle or outright laugh every time I look at it, which has got to be a good thing...



The background for my cartoon thimble couple is blue and green fabric mounted on stiff interfacing, on which I have free-motion quilted a grassy field. The thimble couple are composed of paper thimbles, thread painted arms, legs and hair (I love the "That Girl" hairdo on the girl), button faces, and brad embellishments.

On the back is a funky folk-art fabric and the title of this ACEO, "And Sew They Lived...".

It's my entry in the Year's Best ACEO Group's monthly Call to Art (YBAC). The theme for this month is "cartoon art". I thought I was going to have to pass on this theme, since I don't know how to do cartoons. But Megan tells me that cartoon art is animating normally inanimate objects. OK, I can do that! I chose a couple of my favorite objects - thimbles and buttons, and made them into stick figures...I can draw stick figures :-)

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I'll laugh along with you...the thimbles are so clever. I admire your work so much!! Char

    ReplyDelete