Saturday, February 28, 2009

9 of Hearts

Sometime as I was playing with my other potential 9 of Hearts cards, which I was not very happy with, I got this idea to do a vase full of heart flowers. I am much happier with this, so this will be my contribution to the 2009 ACEO Playing Card Deck.



I did a little paper sketch first to get the placement of the stems, then cut out the vase but left it off so I could extend the stems. Just some simple thread painting, and I filled in a bit with ink. There is some awesome artwork being created for this double deck..can't wait to share more!

Making the final cut of the card was aided tremendously by a new tool I have! My friend Pat from Come Quilt with Me makes templates, so I asked her for an ATC/ACEO template. It arrived yesterday, I've used it several times already, and it is awesome!

It is clear, so I'm showing it here on a piece of colored paper. Exactly 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" so I can trim around it with a rotary cutter!


2 comments:

  1. What a great addition to the card deck! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, It's beautiful! I'm in love with your quilted aceos. Makes me wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete