Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet Sweater

It was some time at the end of last summer, I think that I discovered Green Planet Yarn in downtown Campbell. I learned to knit and crochet when I was about 5 years old, from my aunt. But this is not your "aunt's or grandmother's yarn shop". Filled with beautiful yarns and beautiful projects and an incredibly friendly staff, my interest in knitting and crochet was awakened!!

In particular, they had this amazing sweater, and a class to learn how to make it. Well, the long story is I started the class, then the next class was canceled because of the Farmer's Market, then we were out of town at Kirkwood, then the next class was canceled, then I lost track of time, figured I could do it on my own, messed up the sleeves, pulled them out, started again, then came the holidays, then the post holidays, then I tried again, and whala!

Houston, we have a sweater!

The hard part, which fortunately was covered in the one class I managed to make, is the 4-color swirl on the back. The skirt and sides, as well as the collar, are big wedges connected to the swirl. The sleeves gave me fits, as mentioned. I won't go into the gory details, but I finally figured out something, and even got creative with the addition of trimmed cuffed sleeves. The 5th color gold trim is also my addition.

And the best part is, it's a warm sweater, which I need cause it's cold out!

1 comment:

  1. Very VERY nice sweater! Great color choice, too. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete