Saturday, January 10, 2009

Same Background, an Old Award

Although the results were announced weeks ago, the poor under-the-weather and overworked administrator of the ACEO Year's Best Awards finally got around to officially announcing and creating the awards for the December ACEO Call to Art, the YBAC.

If you recall, the theme for December was artistic nudes, and I created a Picasso version from fabric, ink, thread and paint.






I so appreciate these ACEO groups, the contests and challenges, giving me the opportunity to experiment, to humbly show what talent I have, and to receive the affirmation that I have been searching for, for a long time :-)

About the background, it may be too wide and may be cutting off some of my pictures, but I think I'll leave it in place for a while anyway, at least until we return from Paris. I write this from Chicago O'Hare as we await our flight to CDG!

1 comment:

  1. Diane, Congratulations! Your piece is lovely. And you ought to know by now how talented you are!!!

    ReplyDelete