Friday, January 16, 2009

Paris Day 5, Noir & Blanc, ACEO #2

Fortunately we took advantage of the sun yesterday, for today there was no sign of it, just cold, cold, cold. Still the iron maiden looks impressive contrasted against the winter sky, almost as if this picture was taken in black & white (photo is totally untouched!)...


Several more colorful replicas will be coming home with me...



A highlight of the day was troving the antiques market set up on rue de Grenelle. Megan hit the market before me, and bought me this precious bundle of timbres...



It took me much much longer to pick out my treasure of the day, and I almost gave up, mais finalement, j'ai trouvé un vieux dictionairre de 1910 pour soulement €2.



Look for some or all of these goodies to make their way into my art soon. Meanwhile, here is #2 in the "Fabriqué en Paris" series, featuring, what else??



Oh and how is orientation going? Still disorganized, and combine that with too much sightseeing and too little sleep, and this is what you get...


1 comment:

  1. LOL! The girls and your artwork are all still beautiful - sleep or no!! Love it Diane! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete