Friday, January 30, 2009

On an ACEO Collage Roll

No, I didn't finish any of the ACEOs I showed last night, but I did finish one I didn't show. It was quietly developing in a corner of my desk while most of my brain power was focused on my philatelic Warhols. Well, the Warhols are still baking, but my latest Valentine collage ACEO has blossomed :



I call this "Star-Crossed Lovers". I hope I am not being disrespectful or inappropriate to the handsome people in the stamp portraits. They seem to be contemporaries from early 1900s Magyar (Hungary). Martos and Miklos - what lovely names, and I think they are lovely people, so let's pretend they are Valentines.

These are more stamps from the rue de Grenelle antiques market (thank you, Bubbie, for such a wonderful gift!!), papers from Arch, ribbon from Loisirs & Creation in Bercy Village, brads and stars from the growing ephemeral stash.

On the back is a lovely sentiment from my Paris card-making kit, mounted on paper from Megan's mega-paper stash.



And now to cap off the evening, I am adding another award to my ACEO Award collection, this one a 3rd place in the January Year's Best ACEO Awards Call to Art (YBAC) contest. Normally I might be a bit disappointed with a 3rd place, but since the theme for the month was collage, I am quite proud to have won an award. After all, I am a collage newbie (shhh, don't tell anyone, or they may not bid on my ACEOs).



3 comments:

  1. Very nice Diane, and congrats on your award! I'm happy to just be nominated for stuff - let alone get an award. I think 3rd place is VERY impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I always enjoy stopping in at your blog. Such wonderful work and exciting adventures! Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 3rd place. I really like your aceo and how fun for Valentine.
    Take a peek at my blog there is a surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete