Monday, January 12, 2009

La Belle Tour...Day 1 in Paris

I am happy to say, that no matter how many times I see it, I still squeal with delight upon first encountering the Eiffel Tower.

Our kind limo driver drove us under it upon our arrival in the city, which elicited the first squeal, but we were all rather fagged out from the trip.

So out we went at 5:30 PM, yes, it is quite dark here at 5:30 PM (and until 8:30 AM in the morning here in a more northern latitude) to catch the lighting of the tower and the twinkling lights that occur for 10 minutes each night. More squealing!

This is the very first time I have seen snow in Paris, quite crunchy and slippery underfoot.



Laura, Diane & Megan devant le Tour Eiffel



1 comment:

  1. This is the best blog I have ever read! Of course, I am partial to the subject matter and the beautiful models in the photographs. I will follow every day with great interest. Thank you for sharing.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete