Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

While many were out partying out the old year and welcoming in the new, I spent my New Year's Eve arting. I've been inspired and encouraged by my new collage book, and decided I need to change my approach and start taking the plunge.

Here are my two efforts from last night.

This first one I call "a clear view". I started with a pretty floral background paper, and free motion stitched it using gold metallic thread, on interfacing. Then I used glossy gel medium to glue on the 2009 clock faces (Megan helped me combine and resize them in Photoshop). I typed the words in Wrd ten printed, tore and gelled them in place. What you can't really see in the photo is that clear vinyl covers the whole piece, and is stitched in place with a fabric backing and binding.

ACEO "A Clear View", Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

This next one is a mixed media collage of red and white papers. I bought the papers at Arch during my last hurrah on Potrero Hill, used then to wrap Christmas presents, then saved them for collaging. Once again my 2009 clock faces, all gelled in place, then I glued on some of those watch gears I bought recently on eBay to make this a steampunk piece.


ACEO "Wheels of Time", Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

I also finished two other ACEOs and made my theme week ACEO, but I'll be back with those.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment