Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Fashionable Collage ACEO

I got the idea for this ACEO while in Paris, but I didn't have any gel medium with me. I was tempted to buy some gel medium at the Loisirs & Creation store, but held off, knowing I had a large jar at home.

The idea was to create a gelled collage of postage stamps, then cut it out into a dress form to represent "world fashion". I limited the palette to red and orange-red stamps, then backed it with brown paper and secured it with black brads to the background.

The background is a pink metallic paper from my Luxury Stack, stamped in copper with fleurishes. The "Mode du Monde" was created in Word, then printed out and painted with a watered down red acrylic and overwashed with gold metallic paint.

Black polka dot and red and white dot ribbons brought home from Paris add a framework, and two pink and a black buttons, all tied with black floss, finish it off.

On the back is a reproduction vintage image.

I am really liking this collage stuff :-)


ACEO World Fashion (Mode du Monde), Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"



No comments:

Post a Comment