Sunday, December 14, 2008

Year's Best ACEO Call to Art

It is time for the Year's Best ACEO Group's Call to Art to resume. This is a monthly contest with a theme held on the 15th of the month. It's been on hold since September while the group was conducting their first annual awards. The themes are determined by the major categories of the contest. That sounds complicated, but it isn't. You can read all about it on the YBA page. The bottom line is this month's theme is "artistic n_udes'.

While I may have favorite subjects, I really don't specialize in subjects. Instead, I take whatever subject is interesting, challenging, intriguing, and interpret it, almost always in fabric. So my thing is not so much subject as it is medium. I do try to stretch out of just fabric by adding ink, paint, and found objects.

I choose a Picasso n_ude as the subject. Unfortunately, I neglected to note the exact name when I found this on a google search, and now I can't find it anymore.



But I know it is a Picasso , and in fact the forms are very similar to this painting, Picasso's "N_ude in Black Armchair" (which also would have made a good inspiration subject).



And here is my rendering in fabric, ink, paint and thread. It was fun to get the paints out...it's been a long time since I've painted on fabric. It never seems to get any easier, but somehow I managed to get the colors blended (well, mostly) with repeated dry-brush applications.


ACEO Picasso Style N_ude, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"


1 comment:

  1. Love your rendition in fabric. Wonderful and creative.

    ReplyDelete