Saturday, December 13, 2008

Origami Garden Quilt

When I look back at some of the older quilts, and look at the amount of work, the amount of detail, I surprise even myself. Would I have the patience for such a thing now?

I made "Origami Garden" in 1999, almost 10 years ago.



Each of the five Origami blocks is hand appliqued, the flowers hand made and hand sewn...


The stems were hand embroidered...I don't even think I know how to do this anymore. The sashiko done by hand with colorful floss.






Thankfully, it's good to look back with pride and a sense of accomplishment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane. What a wonderful quilt. It is fun to look back at projects from the past. I'm catching up on my blogging friends. Your work always amazes me. Happy Holidays! Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - that is so precise,and so lovely! I know I would never, at any point in my life, past or present, have had the patience to sew anything so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work and wonderful detail, a quilt to be proud of and a definite heirloom.

    ReplyDelete