Thursday, December 18, 2008

One More Vintage Yukata Quilt

While the last vintage yukata quilt I showed was done in my favorite fabric collage style, this one is much more "traditional", but nonetheless striking. The clean lines and high contrast focus attention on the beautiful piece of purple floral yukata used as the centerpiece of the quilt.


Yukata Delight, Diane Weber, 42" x 48"


Vintage yukata fabric is normally only about 14" wide, and so I needed to supplement the yukata to adapt it to my Diamond Delight pattern design. I used a contemporary typography print in a coordinating purple.



The quilt is finished up with dense free-motion quilting which shows beautifully against the pearlized Lakehouse fabric. In each green Japanese fabric square I quilted a sakura blossom.



2 comments:

  1. WOW!! What incredible and beautiful work! Thank you so much for sharing it. Thank you also for your kind words about my art, you made my day. :)
    ~Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Diane! And these are the colors in my bedroom...It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete