Thursday, November 20, 2008

November Nibblefest

It's been a couple of months since I've had the opportunity to participate in Nibblefest. Remember Nibblefest? It's a monthly themed art contest where you list something starting at 99 cents and the person with the most unique bids wins. Wins what? Nothing really, just a little jpeg that says you won. But oh, we do like winning the little jpegs :-)

The last time I participated was August. I didn't win anything in August, but I did win first place in June and second place in March. In September we were hiking around the Alps in Europe, and I don't think I liked the theme in October, although I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, this month the theme is Christmas Trees. Well, I've been doing Christmas Trees, so the theme was perfect. I set about making about four new ones, only to remember, upon refreshing myself on the rules, that only one entry per person is allowed. Rats! Well, I've selected the most unique one for my Nibblefest entry.

I call it Tesseral Tree #1.

It's just a handful of green stained glass tiles glued to balsa wood with some crystals and a gold star glued on top . But I learned some fun things:

  • 1) you can cut balsa wood perfectly with a rotary cutter
  • 2) I can cut tiles with my cool wheeled nippers
  • 3) balsa wood warps hugely when you put wet glue on it, but
  • 4) mount it to a thick piece of mat board and the problem is solved



  • ACEO Tesseral Tree #1, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

    2 comments:

    1. Diane, I like your Christmas tree! And thank you so much for bidding on my angel Nibblefest aceo! I've been tagged, so I have to tag 6 more people....I choose you! I explained it on my blog, artshtickscorner.blogspot.com, but basically you list 6 things about yourself, and tag 6 more bloggers. Have fun! DEB

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very unique and fun tree! I love it! Jenna Louise

      ReplyDelete