Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mosaic Progress

This was the weekend to make progress on my mosaic projects (in addition to working hard to maintain my eBay Power Seller status...just made it, whoot!).


I've been putting this off, because I don't know much (anything?) about grouting mosaics. But I finally got out the grout, my goggles and mask, the empty soup container I've been re-rescuing from the recycle bin all week, my detailed grouting instructions from Linda's Mosaic Treasures.


It was touch and go for a while. Is this like thick peanut butter? Did I put in too much water? Is this the right amount of grout?


Well, to make a long story shorter, have a look.





Yowza, I think they're gorgeous!! I can't keep my eyes or hands off them. The above pictures, taken without flash, don't convey the shine and sparkle. I love approaching the tables and seeing all the reflections off the iridized tiles.




And in the spirit of mosaic progress, the round table has it's new outside rim, covered with tiles and ready for the epoxy:



And I've started the refinishing of the tables for the next 'mystery projects', and finally took the top layer of contact paper off the design (which is how we transported it back from Kirkwood).



Phew...I've outdone myself, mosaically speaking :-)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!!!! I took a class a couple of years ago. I was going to tile everything in site.....Never did another piece LOL. I would love to take it up again. These are beautiful.
    (Southshorartist)

    ReplyDelete