Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hello November...ACEO Theme Week

The first on the month is always a fun time for ACEOs, because it is ACEO Theme Week.

This month, the theme is "Beverage Containers". This theme had so many possibilities, limited only by my time, torn as I am between working, trying to keep adding things to my store, my new mosaic hobby, and sewing, knitting or crocheting while watching some new favorites...Heroes (almost caught up in Season 3, but so confusing...), Dark Shadows (yes, I am watching it from the very beginning, currently through 32 episodes, and determined to see all 1200+), and Flight of the Conchords (just finished Season 1...do hope there is a Season 2, as I LOVE those guys :-)).

Well, here are my entries. This first is what first came to mind when I heard beverage containers...a button jar. I know maybe it's a stretch, but it's what came to mind, and it was really fun to do. I had to scrounge around the house to find enough small buttons (Megan swiped the button jars when she moved to Oakland) and I sewed them all on by hand.


ACEO The Button Jar, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

The second one is actually a theme I've been meaning to do for some time, the good old "Cup of Joe". Made the latte bowl nice and big like I like 'em, decorated with a bit of folk art in the form of glass beads (I thought they were plastic until I tried to shove the needle through one that was too narrow and it shattered in my hand). Brown fabric (with polka dots) for the coffee, and beaded steam. These beads were a bit of a challenge, but I love they way they turned out.

ACEO Cup of Joe, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"


1 comment:

  1. Diane - Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog regarding the death of my cat Zipper. That was very sweet of you.

    We really need to meet & talk mosaics!

    ReplyDelete