Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fanning the Flames...a Fan Quilt from a Quilt Fan

Looking at yesterday's and today's posts, you might think I am a fan of very simple quilts. Actually, I'm a fan of just about all styles of quilts, from traditional (like my lovely Starry) to contemporary to artsy (like my vintage yukata quilts) and folksy (my Party Frocks quilts) and everything in between. I am particularly enamored of a fan design ;-)

This is an older piece, but one I do enjoy looking at...it has that same simple striking characteristic as Yukata Delight.

Japanese Fans, Diane Weber, 45" x 58"

Getting a little more up close and personal, there is nothing simple about the quilting I added to this background.


Oh and in case anyone is wondering, the dumped African Violet appears to be doing just dandy :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt Diane. I recently read Snowflower and the Secret Fan. It was a really good book.

    ReplyDelete