Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday My Way

No, I didn't go shopping at midnight, 4 am, 5 am, 6 am, or any am prior to 9 am. At 9 am I headed out to the Post Office to mail a package of quilt book and fabric to a Canadian buyer who celebrated her Thanksgiving last month. The normally bustling Post Office was empty. I didn't even need to pull out my 'Business Line' card.
Then I headed to Safeway for some milk and sale turkey. I don't think it's a good idea to buy clearance meat and poultry, but I know Tod didn't get enough turkey, so we needed a little more. The Safeway was also pretty quiet. Shell-shocked employees surprised to see anyone in the store. No offer to accompany me on my quest for sale turkey and cough drops, no help choosing from among the hundreds of varieties of milk and toothpaste (when did we start having more choices than there are hours in a day??), no 'step right over to register 5 and I'll help you', no offer to help out. It seems the entire rest of the universe is out shopping, or maybe home sleeping off turkey induced food comas.


No, I decided to spend Black Friday a little differently than the rest of the universe, starting with a strong hot latte from my favorite BLACK espresso machine...


adding a few rows to that BLACK wool hat someone is getting for Christmas...



sewing up the binding of my last Christmas Tree ACEO on my BLACK sewing machine...



adding tiles to my gold, red and BLACK mosaic tables (more Christmas presents)...


admiring my BLACK boots (you knew there had to be shoes involved somewhere...)...

And finally, going to bed, relatively early, where my faithful BLACK and white Floppy waits patiently, sporting a BLACK and white zebra-print headband to keep his ears warm.


Happy BLACK Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment