Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Please Don't Eat the Daisies

In the course of my quilt pattern design career, I've created more than 40 different quilts for Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric company.
DayZ BloomZ just may be my favorite.
Maybe because this is the latest and likely to be the last.
Maybe because it has so many bright happy fabrics in it.
Maybe because it has yo-yo's on it, and I love yo-yo's.
Bottom line...when I look at this quilt, it makes me happy!

Day Z Bloomz, Diane Weber, 48" x 48"

The quilt starts with a small panel with only 8 daisies on it, on different colored backgrounds.


The daisies are quartered and halved and combined with lots of colorful fabrics from the Lakehouse library.
The yo-yo's are made with the Clover extra large yo-yo maker (Megan, I hope you are taking care of my yo-yo makers...don't lose them!).
Yes, you can make yo-yo's without the tool, just like your grandma taught you, but this tool makes them so easy and so perfect!

It's all in my DayZ BloomZ pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment