Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Perfect Box for my ACEO Deck

I have been on a hunt for plain boxes for my ACEO decks. I want to custom embellish them for those lucky recipients who are getting ACEO decks for Christmas.
I cannot find, anywhere, plain card deck sized boxes.

But while on the hunt, I am coming across some very interesting ready-made boxes, some of them vintage, and of course I want them all.

This one I could not resist. Remember, I did the Joker card. So how perfect is it to find a ready-made card box with a joker on it!! ??

And it's beautiful, too! I think it's called parquetry where different colors of wood are inlaid and arranged to form a pattern.



Next step is to figure out how to mount the original Joker inside without damaging the felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment