Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Mosaic WIP

Just by putting in a little bit of time here and there, I managed to get all the pieces glued down on my mosaic table! I even cut some tiles to squeeze into corners, which was a new adventure in mosaics for me.
I'm really thrilled with it... the colors are so pretty, the tiles are shiny, there are these gorgeous irridescent tiles (the blue and pearly white ones) that have so much color in them, and ooh la la, the fleur-de-lis tiles!

Competition for my favorite tiles is between the fleur-de-lis china and the yellow pearl ceramic mini tiles. Look how nicely the yellow pearl minis repeat the yellow from the ladies dress.

Next step...grout, which I know nothing about! But I'm sure to get help from my friendly mosaics group!

Meanwhile, off to design another...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! For a beginner you do great work! It's great that you are taking pix as you go so that we can see the progress.

    ReplyDelete