Friday, October 17, 2008

Kandinsky III...an ACEO Artist Card

Sometimes I start things and don't finish them. It's not something I'm proud of. The other day I found a bag with 2 partially crocheted hats started on a plane journey...was it Christmas of last year?? Maybe I'll finish them in time for this winter.

And yesterday I spied this partially created ACEO on my sewing table, buried under scraps, threads, scissors and spools.

It was my 3rd tribute to Vassily Kandinsky. Numbers 1 and 2 were big hits, but I am not good at maintaining my attention span long enough to do something 3 times. But maybe the third time is a charm, and so I loaded and unloaded at least 6 colors of thread to satin stitch around the shapes and finish up this Kandinsky-tribute ACEO.


ACEO Kandinsky III, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

1 comment:

  1. hey there are you selling your ACEO's on etsy? I would love to get one. I just started making them for my JustDuckiePhotoArts.

    Its time to hop over to the piecemakers blog and vote on the best idea for a mosaic challenge.
    http://piecemakersmosaics.blogspot.com/

    hurry over only a few days to vote and its an 11 way tie right now. lol

    ReplyDelete