Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wrapping up September...with Two Trees Passing

Like two ships passing in the night...I have two ACEO Artist Cards passing in the week.

I received David's tree ACEO which I won, and the auction for my quilted tree ACEO is still going on, so I was able to put the two ACEOs side by side for a couple of days.

What a fun sight, Tree 1 and Tree 2, kind of like Thing 1 and Thing 2, similar yet different, variations on a theme, ACEO siblings!


Love Tree, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" David's Tree, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

My textile ACEOs look so pixilated in photos, especially when compressed; they look even better together in person.

I enjoy the freeform cutting for ACEOs like this...just put some fusible on the back of the fabric and cut. If it doesn't look good, throw it away and try again. Sometimes I will take the time to sketch onto the fusible paper before cutting, but it feels much more free to just cut!

I am still loving the Uniball gel pens I got at Arch Art Supplies in San Francisco. The gel comes out so smooth, never blobby, and they work beautifully on fabric. The tree, leaves and buildings are all outlined with a silver Uniball.

No comments:

Post a Comment