Friday, August 1, 2008

Endangered Species... an ACEO

It's the first of the month, time for my ACEO group's Theme Week challenge. This month the theme is Endangered Species. Since I normally don't do realism, this was difficult for me, and so I had intended to do something 'highly interpretive'. But this polar bear keep sticking in my head.
I am also not a political artist, and do not normally make artistic statements about issues like global warming or wildlife endangerment. Could it be these things are lurking in my subconscious?
Anyway, here is "Let it Snow". It is meant to be a message of hope. Despite the warm sun, there is plenty of ice for the polar bear to walk on, and it is snowing! The snow is represented by glitter on the glitter tulle that covers the card.


Let It Snow, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment