Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August Nibblefest

It's Nibblefest time again!
This month was a seemingly easy theme... "A Dog's Life".
I decided to wax poetical to tell the story behind this creation.

A Dog’s Life

Throw me a bone.
Fill my water bowl.
Take me for a long walk.

I care not what color you are,
And size doesn’t matter.

I’m here to love and be loyal.

Brush my coat.
Dress me pretty.
I don’t know embarrassment.

“Work like a dog”…do you pull sleds too?
“Dog Days”… must be good ones.
“Doggie Bag”…sounds yummy to me.
“Dog Pile”…sounds like fun!

Throw the ball, please throw the ball!!
Throw the stick, I’ll run after it all day!

Pat my head, scratch my ears,
Give me a nudge under the chin,
Let me rest at your feet.

Ah, a Dog’s Life!


A Dog's Life, Diane Weber, 7 1/2" x 5 1/2"





No comments:

Post a Comment