Sunday, July 20, 2008

Black Eyed Susans... and an ACEO

Remember those black eyed susans I photographed the other day? The purity of color, the perfection in the petals, the contrast of the yellow and black, all in the bright sunshine under our beginning-to-return-to-blue sky... and thus we have some serious inspiration.


I printed the picture on fabric, then embellished with thread leaves, hand-appliqued petals, hand sewn beads. Rather a nice rendering, n'est-ce que pas?

Black Eyed Susan, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

1 comment:

  1. Diane...I love the blackeyed susan card! Mine are in bloom also. I have been out of the loop, my FIL had a serious farming accident but things are beginning to look a little brighter. I always enjoy your blog. Your creativity makes me smile. Cheers, Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete