Monday, May 26, 2008

Pixie Stix... Candy to Quilt

Back in the old days, when I was in grammar school, at recess time the back closet would be unlocked, and out would come boxes of penny candies for sale. Mary Janes, Circus Peanuts, Swedish Fish... I don't recall any chocolate, just the pure sugar kind of candy, like Pixie Stix!


By the time I was done with grammar school, I had like a million cavities,
but I remember the candy closet fondly!

These memories make for good inspiration when it's time to design a quilt.
Pixie Stix Quilt Top, Diane Weber, 48" x 48"

3 comments:

  1. Diane - I love Pixie Stix also! The quilt is so fun, reminds me of all the fun candy I used to love. At the holiday time I work at our little ole fashion general store and sell lots of the ole fashion candy! Nice design! Thanks also for visiting my blog and your encouragement. Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    Thanks for your comments on the ATC & ACEO Enthusiasts Blog, you are very kind!
    Your textile work is lovely - it is something that I so wish that I had the skill (and patience!) to do well.
    I'd love to link to your site too. Is there a special way to do that? - I'm afraid I am not very 'hot' on how Blogger works!
    Thank you again.
    Very best wishes,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,

    I love the pixie-stix pattern! I ate many of them when I was little also! I wanted to include you in a fun tag I was just participating in. Please visit my blog:) Thanks for being so kind to me! Cheers, Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete