Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Love Gnomes

My love for and interest in gnomes originated with my favorite movie, Amelie.
I think it was shortly after that I acquired my first gnome, Pierponte.
Being my first, although he is a garden gnome, he is also a house gnome... can't risk him running away. He lives inside among the house plants.
But he does get out for adventures. Here he is on a hike through Rancho San Antonio, looking a bit startled by the flash of the camera.


My love for gnomes also extends to art. I find it very hard to resist gnome art. I have a lovely collection of five Artist Trading Cards depicting gnomes through the holidays.
Recently I was given a little friendly challenge to create an ACEO of a gnome, in my medium, of course. And so here is Pierponte in a fabric and ink ACEO:

Pierponte the Gnome, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment