Saturday, May 24, 2008

From the Jungle to the Sea...

OK, the little Jungle Life series is over, so now it's time to work on my Sea Life series.

June 1 marks the start of the next Theme Week. The theme is "Under the Sea".

There is no lack of objects available for representing sea life.

In this first piece, I started with a great fabric, a light aqua fairy frost, and quilted wavy kelp shapes with variegated metallic thread. Then I added a string of perfectly-colored green-to-aqua pre-strung seed beads along the bottom edge (phew, this was tough to do!). Next, three plastic fish buttons are seen swimming out of the kelp bed, spouting glass crystal bubbles!

Does it sound like it was easy to make? It wasn't! But I love it!

Auction starts June 1, 2008.


Under the Sea I, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! You are getting more and more creative with these ACEO's!!! Your ACEO's are definitely going to become a collectors item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This was a beading challenge! but looks so pretty! Hope the buyers like it!

    ReplyDelete