Saturday, May 3, 2008

ACEOs for Birthdays


Creating Artist Trading Cards / ACEOs was somewhat natural for me. I've always like playing cards. I like the size and shape of them, like to hold them, run my fingers over the edges and corners. Wish I could shuffle, but oh well...

A recent ACEO series focused on making ACEOs just like playing cards. I started with the 10 of diamonds, because it would have lots of red diamonds on it (my favorite color and shape).

10 of Diamonds, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Then on request, I created the 6 of diamonds:

6 of Diamonds, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

The buyer told me her birthday was October 6th, thus she wanted, and won, both the 10 and the 6 of diamonds. That was a nice enough story. But after winning the 6 (the second time around), she told me the rest of the story. Both would be framed and given as a birthday present to her identical twin sister. I imagine it will look something like this, and be a wonderful gift!!



No comments:

Post a Comment