Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quilted Love Letters

I recently auctioned off a bunch of 'orphan' Love Letters quilt blocks. What's a Love Letters quilt block? It's a real fabric envelope built into a quilt, perfect for stuffing notes, ephemera (I love this word, but more on that another time!) or little gifts.

I received a wonderful note from a buyer:
"I have never seen anything like these and am learning how to quilt and want to put one each on my grandchildrens quilts i am doing for them with a letter inside from me."
This made my day! :-)

Here's one of the blocks on it's way to a new home:


And here it is opened up:


And now here is a quilt all made up with 13 envelopes all built in. Anyone have a little girl turning 13? How about a grandmother with 13 grandchildren? What a perfect gift!


Flora Love Letters, Diane Weber, 48" x 48"



1 comment:

  1. I saw these pocket quilt squares in your shop! It made me want to be a quilter! They are so pretty!!!!

    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete