Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gardens, Inspiration
&
Artist Trading Cards

My garden is a source of unending inspiration for my quilt art, my Artist Trading Cards (ATC), Art Card Editions & Originals (ACEO). There is always something green, growing, colorful, new, special.

Here is my treasured gazing ball, in the gnome patch garden, with a few spring seedlings starting their journey to full bloom.




And here I have captured it in an ACEO by printing the image on fabric, and highlighting it with thread painting and hand embroidery.


ACEO Reflections, Diane Weber, 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"

What is an Artist Trading Card? Art Card Editions & Originals?

Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), known on eBay as Art Card Editions & Originals (ACEOs) are small pieces of original art, the size of a playing card, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". They are a wonderful way to collect original art at an affordable price.


Search 'ACEO' on eBay to find these wonderful art treasures.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful! Wow! evidently, there are so many ways you can "quilt". It is more to me an Art. Wow, just beautiful, I can't get over how you did a quilt based from your garden scene...

    ReplyDelete